Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Option Filters

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
EddieFromDC
3335 Views, 3 Replies

Design Option Filters

Hello,

Is there a way to filter objects from a design option. It's hard to distinguish design options objects from the main model objects with our screens.

We realy cannot notice the difference or see "light" objects. I would like to create a filter so I can put a grey solid fill pattern to the design option

or main model objects. Has anybody tried this before?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maciejwypych
in reply to: EddieFromDC

Hi,

Unfortunately, you can't easily override graphics by option AFAIK
But as always with Revit, there are workarounds 🙂
You can go to VG>Design Options select the option you want instead of <Automatic>, now select all elements in option and create a selection filter, and override graphics by filter. The drawback of this, it won't update automatically if you add elements to the option.

Second way to do it is to use a dummy sheet, place your view and duplicate it, place the duplicated view showing only the elements in the option with a override applied. When you'll edit in sheet mode, you'll see both views.
Message 3 of 4
EddieFromDC
in reply to: maciejwypych

maciejwypych,

Thank you...I think I will do the second method for complicated and crowded views.
Message 4 of 4
bvm76
in reply to: EddieFromDC

just done a simple test with this  - design option using filter (please see attached).

select all the elements included in the option and under properties/'Comments', enter option??. Then use the 'Comments' parameter for your filter.

Hope this helps.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report