Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight modeling software + Revit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
726 Views, 1 Reply

Daylight modeling software + Revit

My boss has asked some of the engineers in our office and myself to research daylight modeling software options. We currently use AGI 32 which models daylighting and can calculation light levels, but it cannot calculate energy characteristics of daylighting. We also use Trane Trace, which can model the energy characteristics of daylighting, but not the light levels. We need one software that can do both plus provide daylighting renderings. He suggested to look at EQuest (which is a version of DOE2), IES and DAYSIM. I know nothing about daylighting analysis but need to look at how the software will interact with Revit MEP. Soooooo, does anyone have any opinions about the ones I Iisted or are there any others that you'd recommend? Pros and cons?

Thanks,
Jason
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bcaudill
in reply to: Anonymous

I just posted this on another discussion, but, we've just purchased Autodesk Ecotect for use in energy, daylighting, acoustic, and other analysis. Not tested yet, but you might want to research.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report