Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Title Block Labels

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jarrad27
712 Views, 1 Reply

Custom Title Block Labels

I would like to recreate/mirror an autocad block attribute in revit. It's the best way I can think to explain it. In my attachment, the highlighted areas are cad block attributes. I am attempting to recreate our client title blocks in revit. The OOTB choices do not cover all the instances as far as label choices go. A prime example is a (3) line drawing name that has different attributes. I would like to avoid putting any old label in, and just making the text what it needs to be.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Jarrad H.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jarrad27

You can create Labels and then Link the value of them to Instance Parameters (Text) in the Title Block Family, and then you'll be able to select the Title Block in a Sheet View and enter a value for each "field" under Properties.

If you would rather have the value of this Label associate with the Sheet View and not just with the Title Block, you can create the Label and report an unused Parameter (i.e. "Drawn By" if you only use "Designed By") instead. Then in the Project, you can use that Parameter for the alternate purpose (i.e. "Discipline") instead.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report