Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Revit Pallet

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
998 Views, 9 Replies

Custom Revit Pallet

Does anyone know if you can make a custom pallet in Revit? I would like to make a pallet that has all the commands that I most frequently use. I hate having to go from Electrical tab to Drafting tab, Basic Tab and view tabs. Could some one direct me to some place where I can find this information. Also the shortcut keys could someone tell me where I can find out where and how to set those? Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
bcaudill
in reply to: Anonymous

GREAT post!

I've been asking Autodesk and our programmers that since day 1. So far, to no success.

VERY interested if you get any responses.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

No you can not. In 2010 you will have limited ability to create a QAT (quick access tool) pallet.
Message 4 of 10
bcaudill

IMHO,

This should be an option. Over half of my Electrical Design bar is empty, yet I need to navigate 2-3 other bars to use viable information.

~BMC~
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Design bars are gone in 2010.
Message 6 of 10
bcaudill

This is true. Along with everyone's comfort level with the program.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Personally, I think the new ribbon user interface is a huge improvement I spent a lot of time using the beta version and dreaded switching back to 2009.
Message 8 of 10
bcaudill

To me it's not about improvement. New program, and users "starting" to finally get use to it, and they change it. Power users will be fine. People that never used it will be fine. It's all the NEW people that this will frustrate.
Message 9 of 10
mdwWY17

I like the new ribbons. It takes a little while to find things at first, but mostly things are in the logical place. I've learned the standard keyboard shortcuts for most of my most used items and created the shortcuts for my most used that didn't already have shortcuts. The tape measure, located under modify, I'm not sure is in the best place. Home or analyze I think would have been better. So I added TM for my Keyboard shortcut to the tape measure. The new keyboardshortcuts.txt has all new commands so you can't just drop your old one in its place. It will have to be modified the same way as before.
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Interesting feedback on the ribbon.
We aren't rolling out 2010 till June & i've been dreading it, based on experience with other software. Perhaps I'll be more open minded.
I also use as many of the keyboard short cuts as I've managed to memorise, so that will minimise the impact anyway. It causes no end of frustration when I have to do something in AutoCAD though. Every time I try to move something, I enter the MVIEW command lol. Edited by: embolisim on Apr 30, 2009 4:14 AM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report