Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Panel Schedule and number of slots

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
kevconner
3663 Views, 7 Replies

Custom Panel Schedule and number of slots

I have searched but couldnt find anything about this.  Im using Revit MEP 2012 and have created a custom panel schedule (didnt change it that much) with the Two Columns, Circuits across template.  I did this on a standard 42 slot schedule.  Now i copied the template to create a 54 slot template but when i change it to 54 slots and apply it jacks up all the columns in the template.  has anyone else had this issue and how can i fix it?  I have attached before and after pics.  As you can see from the 54 slot pic the columns are jacked.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: kevconner

I've had quite a few strange and random issues with these as well. Does it also get trashed if you change to a lesser number of circuits?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
kevconner

No.  I was able to create a 30 Slot template no problem.  only when i go larger.

Message 4 of 8
CoreyDaun

Also, does the panel appear all messed up when actually used in a 54 circuit panel, and not just opening the Template?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8
kevconner

Yes, when placed on a sheet it looks just like it does in the template.  all jacked.  I dont want to spend the time to recreate this template for every size of panel we need.  42,54,84 slot panels.  Im hoping someone has an answer.  I have tried the new Lock Columns function but it doesnt work. 

Message 6 of 8
CoreyDaun

You might have to create it for the 84 circuit panel again, since going down in size seems OK. I had to completely recreate our branch panel template from scratch three times due to various critical glitches. (In fact, I posted about the issues here! No solution found, of course.)

Message 7 of 8
kevconner

Okay, I think I have figured out why the template gets messed up.  I had created a custom column to include the apparent load since the default template only shows the phases and not the actual load of the device.  because of this when i change the number of slots on the panel it freaks out and cant handle adding the extra poles to the custom column.  if i delete the custom column and then add the extra slots everything is fine.  So make all your custom changes after you set the number of slots to the template.  Still, if anyone know a way around this it would be appreciated.

Message 8 of 8
rudermann

Does anyone know of where I can find the proceedure to add slots to a panel schedule.

I can't seem to find how to add load name, rating, number of poles and value parameters.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report