Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Fittings Removed When Connecting Pipe

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brettwainright3453
622 Views, 1 Reply

Custom Fittings Removed When Connecting Pipe

I generated a custom fitting (technically represents multiple fittings (thd Half coupling, thd dielectric nipple, female x copper adapter) to show the connection between black carbon welded pipe to a soldered copper pipe. I had no issue while placing it in the drawing by connecting the HC end to a welded tee but when I tried to connect the copper pipe to the other end, it erases the fitting and fills from the tee with copper pipe. 

Is there a setting within the custom family that is wrong, or is it referring back to the routing preferences and seeing that it can complete the route without using the custom fitting?

Note: I have the same issue when manually placing flanges around lug pattern valves and having the system at some point re-evaluate the route (when trimming, extending or something else with the pipe) and eliminating the flanges around the valve. 

Let me know if there is any further clarification required and thanks in advance for the help.

BMW

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

To give the community a better idea of what you are seeing, would it be possible to post a small sample file (one pipe, and the fitting in question), along with a screenshot?

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report