Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom DWG Importer

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
derekjarvis
253 Views, 1 Reply

Custom DWG Importer

I am struggling to integrate some of AutoCAD's vertical intelligent platforms (like AutoCAD MEP and Plant 3D) with Revit. It seems Revit is (barely) able to bring in the geometry and all the intelligence is left out. Is there somewhere in the API that I can customize the DWG importer to add support for certain pieces of information that I need to come through? Is there a configuration somewhere that I'm missing?

I found out that the Revit IFC exporter source code is available: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ifcexporter/

Is the Revit DWG or IFC importer available?

Also, in the Revit API I've found: DWGImportOptions  but this does not seem to support what I'm looking for.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Purus_Cdds
in reply to: derekjarvis

Each and every software comes with their own intelligence. Nowadays, Most of them are succeeding in copying the intelligence of other software's. As I know, There is no software model can be imported with Revit intelligence yet. You need to remodel it in revit if you need it with revit intelligence I believe.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report