Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cropping Views for Sheets

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
RBarronEE
42569 Views, 5 Replies

Cropping Views for Sheets

Hi everyone.

I was wondering about the best way to put a very large view onto a sheet, and then crop the view, so I only have a selected amount of the plan on the sheet.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated (including links to help menus).

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jrobker
in reply to: RBarronEE

I would start with crop view.

Bottom left corner (see image)

If you have a large area and multiple matchlines, I would look into creating duplicate with dependent views and crop each of those down.

If it's enlarged area use callout.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 6

You may also want to consider the use of matchlines and dependent views so that the main large plan stays in sync with the cropped version, rather than running two "separate" views

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
RBarronEE
in reply to: Jrobker

Thank you for the help.

Message 5 of 6
kedwards
in reply to: Jrobker

That was helpful, thank you.  I don't see the options shown in your picture on my screen, in sheet view.  Since I'm new to Revit, could you assist, with cropping?  It seems liek the only way I can crop is if I select "Crop Region Visible", which affect the model view.

Message 6 of 6

I'm not entirely clear what the issue is you are having as there are several possibilities of what may be causing the issue.

Are you working alone or part of a worksharing team?

Are you using multiple views - one for working/coordination and one for sheets - if not then you should

If part of a team then has someone created scope boxes and assigned the view to a scope box?

That automatically crops the view and only allows you to toggle the crop region visibility.

An image would be help to explain the issue.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report