Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating valve

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
311 Views, 1 Reply

creating valve

Hi, i am trying to create a balance valve that has a horizontal pipe, and a pipe that crosses thru it at a 45 degree angle. The problem is, that i would like to create a family with the different size connectors and pipe lenghts. How do i constrain the angled pipe from moving around? as there are specific dimensions from the middle to the bottom?
Here is the link to the cutsheet... http://www.bellgossett.com/literature/files/7448.pdf
Thanks in advance for any help.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

A trick to getting angular geometry to work well is to use reference lines as your 'skeleton' for controlling geometry.

Check out the attached family file, which should get you most of the way there. The file assumes the horizontal pipe is centered on either side of the left/right centerline based on the A dimension, but that does not appear to be the case in the drawing. So you'll have to set the Left Length and Right Length values appropriately instead of each being A / 2.

I believe the model is quite flexible, but I will be unavailable to answer any questions, so you'll have to glean from it what you can and take it from here.

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report