Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating ring main circuits

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
steve.court
823 Views, 3 Replies

Creating ring main circuits

Does anyone know if there is a way to create a ring circuit in revit? I can't seem to find out how to do it.

Please don't tell me it's radials only, 32A ring circuits are very common in the UK.

I would like a 32A ring with a 2.5mm twin & earth (6242b), probably the most common circuit going in LV design. When 32A is entered in the circuit schedule it bumps the cable up to 6mm.

Any help with this much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: steve.court

Being a software that was developed by a company in the United States, it is designed to adhere to US standards, for the most part. I've heard numerous complaints and comments that the most basic methods and techniques of other countries (namely the UK) is completely missing from Revit. This is such an instance of this, I believe. If it is of any consolation, most US electrical engineers I know do not trust Revit's current calculation abilities at all, and still perform these manually.

I would suggest using the link below whenever you run into such an issue. This link is frequently provided by Autodesk personnel in the forums. When submitting feedback, try to be as details as you can. Example (if possible) can help immensely.

Autodesk Product Support

The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
steve.court
in reply to: CoreyDaun

thank you for the reply.

this was my fear.

do you know of any work arounds for the problem? If i create new look up tables cani make it think it is a ring?

As i am still on a massive learning curve for Revit im still not sure how it uses the information from the tables and formulas used.

As it stands this issues actually makes the package not fit for purpose in the uk. 

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: steve.court

I don't know if anything can be done to help your situation, here. I would also suggest opening a Support Case for this issue, as it may be beneficial to communicate directly with them. A Support Case can be created on Autodesk's main website, under the Subscription Center.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report