Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Plenum Level

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
asommer
1094 Views, 5 Replies

Creating Plenum Level

MEP 2011- I have created a small trial building, Trying to get the space calcs to work.  I have 8' ceilings, Roof at 10'.  I understand I need to create a "Plenum" Space, and to do this I need to add a level at the ceiling.  The directions in the help say to go to the "Type Properties" and make the level a "Plenum" Type, however there is no such setting.  I know you can set a "Space" to be a plenum type, but how do you create a Plenum Level?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jrobker
in reply to: asommer

Perhaps the type has been purged.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 6
asommer
in reply to: Jrobker

It's a System Family- I didn't think you could Purge a system Family.  I couldn't Find it in the Library.  How could I get it back?

Message 4 of 6
asommer

Ok, got it to work.  I put a level on the linked model, It had a plenum type.  I opened the MEP model, copy-monitored, typed as plenum.  Thank you for your reply.

NEW PROBLEM- the spaces below the ceiling still recognize the ceiling as a ROOF, even though the plenum space is set to "plenum".  The offset is set 1' above the ceiling.  I have to be missing something else.

Message 5 of 6
carrerajunco

Yes, you can purge a system family
Message 6 of 6
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

try to move down you ceiling like 1/2 inch and check if it is solved

i have a feeling there is a problem with ceiling bounding and the base of your space object (confusion)

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report