Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating plan views for spiral carpark

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
drock
349 Views, 1 Reply

Creating plan views for spiral carpark

Hello,

I have an interesting problem, I have a multi-story car park with 4 levels for each level of car parking, it has 4 ramps and spirals downwards.

I am having trouble setting the view ranges as ducts are inevitably appearing from either the level above or level below.

First I setup the levels as a full sized plan using the lowest level then added a plan region to show the higher levels. However this became unsuitable as I could not "cut" out the duct elements appearing from below. I really hate using hide elements.

The other method I tried was to create all four levels and setup a cropped view for each level effectively cutting the plan into four segments. I can now display the elements I need to however it is horrible to adjust and work with.

Could anybody please give me some other suggestions as to how this could be achieved?

Kind Regards

David

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: drock

Plan Regions are notorious for not working properly with MEP fittings. And I agree with you about "Hiding by Element" - that's at last resort.

Could you post a couple of pics of Plan Views and Sections Views to give us a more solid idea of what you're dealing with?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report