Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Pipe Systems from Pipe Types

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
advandes
307 Views, 2 Replies

Creating Pipe Systems from Pipe Types

I would very much appreciate some help with this....I have created seven different Pipe Types and created the pipe routes. None of the pipe is or will be connected to any equipment. I don't think I went about this correctly by creating Pipe Types as systems. For example one of my Pipe Types is Hot Water Heating Supply....but I have already created a massive layout using this method. What I want to do is create Pipe Systems so that I can change each Pipe Type to a System that can be distinguished by color and system etc. Can this be done, and can someone tell me the easiest way to accomplish this? Thank you for your help in advance!!!
AAG
Advance Design
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RevitGarage
in reply to: advandes

As far as I know, you'll have to connect the pipes to something in order to assign systems. You could create a "dummy" equipment family that has the appropriate connector types and connect your pipes to that. You'd only need one connector per pipe run or loop.
Message 3 of 3
dennis
in reply to: advandes

You could possibly create Pipe Types that are the same names as the System type, ie: Chilled Water Pipe Type, Domestic Cold Water Pipe Type, Sanitary Vent Pipe Type, and so on. Then the Filter could sort based on the pipe type name. The main gotcha is to duplicate all the fittings so as to have the type name on the fitting itself, ie: Sanitary Tee, Domestic cold water tee, and even the Conduit tee for the electricians to use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report