Revit MEP

1 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 3

Creating numbered text lists

565 Views, 2 Replies
09-26-2013 07:33 AM

I want to create a numbered text list (e.g. General Notes), but I want a space between each note.  How do I format the numbered list so that I don't have numbered spaces? 

For example, when I highlight the text notes and click the icon to number the notes, I get:

1. (text note 1)

3. (text note 2)

5. (text note 3)

I really want this:

1. (text note 1)

2. (text note 2)

3. (text note 3)

This applies to Revit (at least the last three versions)...thanks. 

*Expert Elite*
362 Posts
61 Kudos
Post 2 of 3

Re: Creating numbered text lists

09-26-2013 12:24 PM in reply to: osu.sheltag
Revit's text editor leaves a lot to be desired, and you just found a prime example of that, unfortunately. It's currently not possible to add spaces like that in text boxes. I'm sure somebody knows a workaround, maybe using note blocks or a schedule.
*Expert Elite*
3,502 Posts
1,007 Kudos
Post 3 of 3

Re: Creating numbered text lists

09-27-2013 06:27 AM in reply to: osu.sheltag

Revit's text management is pitiful, at best. I refuse to use large blocks of Text in Revit primarily due to the erratic margins. I posted a thread about this long ago, but the issue still remains:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-MEP/Unstable-Text/m-p/3108892

Anyway, I have a solid work-around for this that employs a Generic Annotation Family and a Note Block Schedule. In lieu of running through the whole process, I am attaching an example Project (Revit 2012), which contains nothing by a Drafting View (for placement/management of the Generic Annotations) and a Sheet View with two Note Block Schedules.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!