Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating numbered text lists

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
osu.sheltag
4414 Views, 9 Replies

Creating numbered text lists

I want to create a numbered text list (e.g. General Notes), but I want a space between each note.  How do I format the numbered list so that I don't have numbered spaces? 

For example, when I highlight the text notes and click the icon to number the notes, I get:

1. (text note 1)

3. (text note 2)

5. (text note 3)

I really want this:

1. (text note 1)

2. (text note 2)

3. (text note 3)

This applies to Revit (at least the last three versions)...thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
abulla
in reply to: osu.sheltag

Revit's text editor leaves a lot to be desired, and you just found a prime example of that, unfortunately. It's currently not possible to add spaces like that in text boxes. I'm sure somebody knows a workaround, maybe using note blocks or a schedule.
Message 3 of 10
CoreyDaun

Revit's text management is pitiful, at best. I refuse to use large blocks of Text in Revit primarily due to the erratic margins. I posted a thread about this long ago, but the issue still remains:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-MEP/Unstable-Text/m-p/3108892

Anyway, I have a solid work-around for this that employs a Generic Annotation Family and a Note Block Schedule. In lieu of running through the whole process, I am attaching an example Project (Revit 2012), which contains nothing by a Drafting View (for placement/management of the Generic Annotations) and a Sheet View with two Note Block Schedules.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 10
TheFalcon75
in reply to: CoreyDaun

6 years later and AUTODESK STILL hasn't fixed this annoying known issue offered in it's other product offerings.... Shameful.

1. Shameful

1. Very shameful
  2. and embarressing
Message 5 of 10

I use legend (and keynotes if you track number\type of elements). When you make legend you can easy put text and spaces between rows.
Another way is to make custom annotation type.

Eng. Iliev L.             

⁞|⁞ BIM Implementer, Project & BIM Manager, Coordinator, MEP Engineer

⁞|⁞ http://www.TechRoom.bg

Message 6 of 10
jbcma27

Is there a way to create lists with a dash after the number or letter in a text list instead of a period?  Example:

A-      Concrete floor slab

B-      Structural Footing

C-      Concrete Column

Rather than:

A.      Concrete floor slab

B.      Structural Footing

C.      Concrete Column

Obviously it could be written out manually or copied from an outside program such as Word, but if there's a way to do it in a text list that would be easier as it would automatically renumber/reletter if a note is removed or added, and no need to create manual indents, etc.  The normal text list works fine for what I need, but our office uses dashes after notes and I want mine to match.

Message 7 of 10
russellvee

This is by far the most absurd thing in the list of Revit "can't do's". I hate Autodesk so much for not addressing this one simple thing. How can they not understand that numbered lists need a space between numbers? They are incompetent.

Capture.PNG

Message 8 of 10

In 2017 version with text editor, for a blank line between list notes, use ALT + ENTER

Also, I notice that the spacing between the list bullet / number / letter is directly linked to the Tab Size value in the Type Parameter.

Sincerely,

Michael Sandel
Plan Source

Message 9 of 10

Sorry, meant to say SHIFT + ENTER for new line without incrementing list

Message 10 of 10
J_A_R
in reply to: russellvee

Hi all,

I have figured it out for Revit 2017

if you hit shift+enter it wont put the next bullet point untill you have hard returned.

ex.

*start a list (type something) shift+enter enter (type something) enter (type something) "yeilds"*

1.    (something)

2.    (something)

3.    (something)

Regards,

John Richardson

Ensign Engineering & Land Surveying

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report