Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating lineweights for Revit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jarrad27
783 Views, 3 Replies

Creating lineweights for Revit

I am trying to create our standards for lineweights to use in Revit. I am taking our cad lineweights, and making them better. I have 16 lineweights that I am happy with, at least in one scale I do. My question is: Do I need to take the set of lineweights i have (for 3/32" scale), do the math, and make the remaining scales proportionalte? I have included a screenshot as an attachment.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Jarrad

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jarrad27

The Lightweights that are listed under each column are what will be the final Lineweight "on paper". In the image below, the upper line has a shrinking Lineweight as the View Scale shrinks. The lower line, however, has a constant value across the board so the Lineweight stays consistent regardless of the View Scale.

LineWeights.JPG

If you wish the lines to display a Lineweight that is thicker or thinner depending on the View Scale, then yes, you'll have to enter the appropriate Lineweight value for each applicable Scale.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
jkarben
in reply to: jarrad27

If you only need that one set of plotted lineweights you can delete the other scales. View scales default to the neareast value. Since there would only be one they'll all use that. It's a lot less to look at and manage. We've deleted all but the 1/8" scale for our standards.

It's interesting that architects often vary thier plotted lineweights based on a view's scale but I've never seen a set of MEP documents do the same. I guess we all skipped that lesson 😉

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I set up model scale is "custom" 1/300 or 1/150. So how to setting the line weights for those scale since the Revit line weights table only for some standard scales such as 1:10, 1:100...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report