Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating large diameter oval pipes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chrissumner
739 Views, 3 Replies

Creating large diameter oval pipes

We need to create a large diameter (3000mmø) oval pipe which is basically a tunnel. The pipe/tunnel will have various access doors and manholes. My first thought was to try and use an oval duct and change the duct connectors to pipe connectors but since the ducts are system families i cant do much with it. I see that i could use the oval profile within Libraries\UK\Duct\Fittings\Profiles but not sure how to make use of it. I realise this could be done with a series of families but the run is long and changes direction many times so i wanted to explore other ways to do it? Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: chrissumner

can you explain what is this going to be used for?

If it's just one piece of oval with some connections and access doors why don't you make a seperate family for that?

Message 3 of 4
chrissumner

Sorry i will clarify a little - This is a tunnel / underground walkway that is quite long and changes direction a number of times. Creating individual families for each section and bends (which will all be different angles) seems quite a manual process for such sophisticated software so i wanted to create an oval pipe of large diameter i can route like i do when placing pipework that automatically puts elbows (bends) at the change of direction.

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun

Hello,

You are probably best off using the Oval Ducts to represent the main tunnel. You can create "conversion" Duct Fittings/Accessories that contain one or more Pipe Connectors. WIthout specific examples or images of what you would need, it's not easy for us to advise any further in terms of Family creation.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report