Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating existing distribution panel schedule to add new panels

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kcrum
1181 Views, 4 Replies

Creating existing distribution panel schedule to add new panels

We are constantly working for a client that requires us to add panels or electrical information to existing panels.  I know you can add a spare to a panel to create an "existing" circuit in the schedule but I have a distribution panel that I need to show existing equipment but it's impossible for me to show how it's fed or what feeds it.  Is there any way to make that distribution panel as my "service entrance" to trick Revit so I can show an existing ATS in it?  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: kcrum

If I'm understanding this correctly, perhaps you should just place a Distribution Panel, designate it as existing, place Spares (or a single Spare) in that panel to simulate the existing loads (manual entry), and then connect this DP to your Main Service.

Edit:

Let me try this again. If you need to show such information for a Panel without creating the "upstream" panels, create Project Parameters (Instance/Text/Electrical Equipment) for the purposes of manually entering this data. Then, duplicate your Panel Schedule Template and modify it to report those Parameters instead of the default "Supply From", etc.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
kcrum
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Please see my latest post.  I think it explains it better.

Message 4 of 5
kcrum

This is a better explanation of my question:

I have an existing Switchboard that is fed from a substation and it has two existing circuits in it as of now.  I am adding a new distribution panel to it but need to create an existing switchboard panel schedule to reflect the new addition as well as show the existing two circuits.  In my previous question about adding existing circuits I was told I could add a spare and edit that information which did work.  But, when I try to add a piece of equipment that is existing to the panel by using add a spare, I cannot change the # of poles,etc.  I need the load to update when adding the new distribution panel.  Any way to do this?

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun

You are using the "Spare" method to simulate the existing load for this equipment, right? If so, you should be able to change the Number of Poles, but that Parameter must be its own field and must not be part of a "Combined Parameters" field - those will not display the correct value, anyway (a bug, of sorts). Your best method of simulating the existing loads in some cases may be to use a proxy Family, which is connected to the appropriate Panel using the normal methods.

Refer to >>this thread<< for such a Family that you can enter whatever electrical values, place near the Panel, and circuit.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report