Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create flexible conduit/wire that can stretch between 2 devices & stay connected

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RedMan77
1129 Views, 3 Replies

create flexible conduit/wire that can stretch between 2 devices & stay connected

Trying to see if there is a way I can have (2) wall boxes/ j-boxes, one above the door and one to the side of the door.  Depending where the (2)  boxes need to be located, I was hoping I could have the conduit/wire stretch between the two boxes.  Technically Im pretty sure Revit MEP cant do this.  I would need the 3d wire to move. and/or stretch as a typical wire but stay connected on each end to their respective boxes, if I need to adjust the location of one or both boxes. Its more important to be able to get an accurate footage of wire.  The (2) boxes and wire in between would be a simplistic group/ system.   Just a thought how to make this happen.  Any suggestions would be absolutely awesome.  Trying to mimic this 3d wire, but am not haivng much luck.  Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: RedMan77

The best way may be to build the wire graphic into one of the box families and have adjustable dimensions, being that you probably want to keep the two boxes as separate families...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
RedMan77
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I was thinking that the (2) boxes are one family since its a system package.  I started playing around with model lines.  THe model lines adjusted rather nicely but I found no way to try and get a length.  Was hoping there was a parameter (using formulas) that would register the length.

Not sure what you mean by wire graphic.  I am assuming its the wire and I would need a connector on each of the boxes.  Is this correct.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: RedMan77

By wire graphic I mean whatever you were planning on using to draw it, be it model lines or whatever. To control the length, you would have to build it with formulas and dimensioned Reference Planes, constraining the line to them. You cannot draw actual wire in the family, though, so you don't need connectors for that. Only to connect into a system in the project.

BTW - You will probably want to but the wire onto a subcategory to better control it's appearance.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report