Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREATE CATEGORY FOR SWEEP PROFILE

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
zithmeister
745 Views, 4 Replies

CREATE CATEGORY FOR SWEEP PROFILE

I am working in Revit 2011 MEP. I want to create a family using sweep command and a saved profile.

I made a profile and saved it. Opened new family templet,  drew sweep path; selected appropriate work plane and selected load profile. I selected the profile that I saved, but received an error message saying that the profile had to have a category of "profile". I opened the profile drawing and went to family categories and parameters, but could not find any category called Profile. Can I add a new category? Am I looking in the right place?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: zithmeister

I don't have Revit MEP 2011 installed to investigate, but I believe that you cannot just change a Family to the Profile Category - it has to be created using the appropriate Family Template. To which Category does your Family belong?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
zithmeister
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I am making refrigerated cases (as in supermarket) I've been using mechanical equipment for the family category, which seems like the closest match based on what's offered. I want to know how to create a saved profile. I saw that there is a Profiles section in the library, which has many .rfa files. I opened one of them and checked the family category and sure enough it says profiles (with no other categories llisted and the "Show categories from all disciplines" box is checked). As I stated previously I can't find anywhere that lets me select a "profile" category. I suspect that the procedure for saving profiles hasn't changed much through the different releases.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: zithmeister

To be of the Profile Category, it must be created with one of the Profile Template, most likely the standard "Profile.rft" file. You mentioned in your first post that you had created a Profile and saved it. Of what Category was that family? It should be possible to start a new Profile Family and then copy/paste the lines over from your original family.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
zithmeister
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hey thanks, that sounds like the step I was missing. Just tried it and it worked like a charm. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report