Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy/monitor grid lines and design options

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
johnho38
1924 Views, 5 Replies

copy/monitor grid lines and design options

My question is about copy/monitor grid lines.  When I first setup my project I copy/monitored the grid from one design option.  Now that I am into another design option, how do I undo the copy/monitor from the first design so they will not show up in my second design option and will this affect the copy/monitored grid in my first option. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: johnho38

If you "undo" the Copy/Monitor, doesn't that defeat coordination? What you should do is Copy/Monitor all of the Grids. All of the Grids common to or unaffected by the Design Options should be left on Main Model. All of the others should be placed on their respective Design Option using the "Add to Set" tool. If you really need to place duplicate Grids, select the Grid(s) through the link (tab-cycling), paste them into you Project, and constrain it to the Copy/Monitored Grid.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
EddieFromDC

CADastrophe,

We don't copy monitor grids but sometimes I wish we did especially for enlarged plans. I want to be able to massage the col line/bubbles.

>If you really need to place duplicate Grids, select the Grid(s) through the link (tab-cycling),

>paste them into you Project

I tried this method but how do I copy? Ribbon or right-click menu has no copy option.

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: EddieFromDC

The only reason that we Copy/Monitor the Grids is because they run 2 miles off of the sheets and there is no way to adjust the ones from the Link. I meant "Copy to Clipboard", and I see it doesn't show up on the right-click menu like I assumed. I just use CTRL+C, anyway. Then go to the Modify tab and do a Paste-Aligned-to-Same-Place.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
EddieFromDC

It's giving me this error message..

"Can't paste duplicate types. Only non duplicate types will be pasted."

Any ideas?

Message 6 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: EddieFromDC

I cannot get it to give me that error message.

It is better to use Copy/Monitor, though. If you need to, you can select them and click 'Stop Monitoring'.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report