Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coordination drawings

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
william.nitsche
1212 Views, 1 Reply

coordination drawings

I am responsible for making the coordination drawings for a health science education building. I have the architcture's Revit file, the Structural file and the MEP file. The Mechanical engineer's sized the duct and all that jazz, but it is running into some beams and I have to move some of that stuff around as we are the subcontractor installing the Mechanical and Plumbing systems.

I have tried to linking into a new project with a company template that I created, but when copying the duct work all the systems were lost. Is there anyway to copy those things without losing the systems that are assigned in the MEP model?

Right now, i am working in a model that was opened in the MEP model and linked in the arch. and struct. model. All I really have to do is move around the MEP systems a little bit so everything jives. The problem now is that I cannot manipulate the visibility graphics of any already created views unless i create a new view template. This is getting rather time consuming. and i have made the worksets editable, but i cant override VG's.

Has anyone else ever had to do this same thing for coordination drawings? Is there a suggested workflow as far as what file to open it from or how to set up a project like this for the purpose of coordination drawings?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: william.nitsche

What do you need to achieve with this coordination model, exactly? Do you have to create documents or sheets? Is this just for clash detection? In any case, I would think that you should make changes in the respective model, for instance, making adjustments to the Ducts in the MEP Model. You should be able to set up a means of coordination within each model, and use clash detection while in the MEP Model. A separate, dedicated model is not necessary for that.

Also, in lieu of having to create a new View Template for each View, can you just remove the currently assigned View Template and modify the V/G as necessary? You could also use "Transfer Project Standards" (on the Manage tab) to import the View Templates from one of the linked models.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report