Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Autocad MEP Electrical details to Revit MEP details?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
848 Views, 1 Reply

Converting Autocad MEP Electrical details to Revit MEP details?

Is it convinent to convert Autocad MEP Electrical details to Revit MEP details? or just import the autocad detail to my revit project when ever I need it only?if is recommended to convert all my details to revit, what is the best way? as Families? I'll like to hear opinions for me to save time on projects, eather to keep them in Autocad and just import them to revit when ever I need them or have them ready on revit.

Thank you for your opinion and help...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

My advice would be to convert your details. My experience is that importing other file formats into revit will have negative impact on performance.

Importing will often also import unwanted/unneeded things, like new line types etc.

Of course you could start by importing them and in due time convert all into revit.

Easiest way to convert them is to create new project. Create drafting view(s). Link you cad file into the project. In the drafting view trace your cad file.

Probably the best is to put each detail on its own drafting view. You couold put all your details in a single project file. When you have a new project you can insert the required views (i.e. details) in your new project from this details file.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report