Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert view to 2D (in revit)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ro78
11377 Views, 8 Replies

Convert view to 2D (in revit)

Is there a way to convert a 3D view to 2D?

I want to add them (details) to a legend so that i can use it for multiple sheets

Revit Structure 2013 user
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ro78

I don't think that there is a good way to accomplish that without exporting and then importing a DWG.

Are you using the actual Legends or a Drafting View? Can you please elaborate on what you're trying to do? There may be a better way to go about it.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
ro78
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I have some details drawn in 3D and i want to use them on multiple sheets.

Now im exporting the 3D views to Autocad and then imort them back to revit on a legend.

Message 4 of 9
CoreyDaun

If you export 3D Views into AutoCAD and import them into a Legend, you won't be able to see the 3D image. Revit is "smart" enough to know the orientation of the import and it will display as Top View only in the Legend.

If you wish to show a 3D View on multiple Sheets, you may have to create a Dependent View for individual placement on each Sheet.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 9
ro78

I know, i just want to show the detail on multiple sheets. 2D would be enough.

The thing is, that i have all components in 3D plus its views. I cant use those viewd every time on 100 sheets without duplicating them. That is why im using a legend. To get them on a legend i have to export the detail first to 2D autocad.

Message 6 of 9
ro78

So i was wondering: maybe there is a way to convert the 3D view to 2D in the revit project. Like making an image from the 3D.

Message 7 of 9
CoreyDaun

I have not found a way to do that. Any form of import maintains the orientation, hence, does not appear 3D in Legend. The only method I can see at the moment would be to trace the 3D View with Detail Lines, and then Copy/Paste them into the Legend View. Not a good solution...

Message 8 of 9
ro78

Oke, thank u anyway. I think i stick to my old method (also not perfect) and hope for a new tool in revit.

Message 9 of 9
JoelBradley

I had this need as well.  Similar to CADastrophe I had the idea of tracing a 3D view, but I found a way that fit my needs even better (allowing for exact perspective).  Does this get you what you're after?

1. Create a section and rotate it to the view point you want in the horizontal plane
  2. Create another section perpendicular to the first
  3. In the second section, rotate the first to the vertical viewpoint you want (e.g. - looking down from 30 degrees)
  4. In the first section, use detail lines to trace the elements you want in your detail view
  5. Copy your detail lines and paste them into a detail view

Hope that helps

Joel

(If it does, please click  Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report