Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Autocad 2009 MEP to Revit MEP

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
advandes
325 Views, 2 Replies

Convert Autocad 2009 MEP to Revit MEP

Is it possible to convert or import Autocad MEP ductwork and piping into Revit MEP? Any tip and trick would be greatly appreciated!
AAG
Advance Design
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: advandes

The best you can do is import 3d dwg into your revit file. This has VERY limited application anyways.

In truth, there is really no way to get the information you need into Revit. I would complete that project in AutoCAD MEP and look towards your next opportunity.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: advandes

IF - All the services are correctly modelled, and
IF - You modify the IFC export properties

You CAN export MEP objects from AutoCAD MEP in an IFC format, and then import the IFC to Revit MEP.

There are issues with this process though.

The majority of objects will be "in-place" families, INCLUDING system families like Ducts and Pipes, so the valus of the trasfer process is limited. In fact you'd probably (if using the Autodesk suggested workflow), be going in the other direction - from Revit to AutoCAD.

Personally, I'd like to be using Revit MEP for the entire process, I can only see Autocad having a limited shelf life for this type of application.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report