Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Visibility of Pipework in Ceiling Voids serving the Floor Above

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
393 Views, 4 Replies

Controlling Visibility of Pipework in Ceiling Voids serving the Floor Above

I'm trying to display a heating system per floor it serves i.e. pipework serving both ground and first floors run in the same void on the same system but to be displayed on their respective floor plans.  The solution I'm trying at the moment is to add a shared parameter to pipes, pipe fittings and accessories to denote which floor they should be visible on.  The problem with this is that any future work would need to fill in this parameter on new pipework added.  If anyone can think of a more robust method to this please let me know.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ASCunningham
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you create a pipe system per floor. Lets say "supply ground" and "supply first"? Then you could use a view filter to show which system you want to see. Just a thought, not sure if it would work.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ASCunningham

Cheers but I dont think that would work be because the pipework is already part of 3 heating systems so we want to keep the existing associativity.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

You could create a workgroup for the piping and then control it that way. It is a messy thing, with no "easy button" fixes. Other than what was previously mentioned, you could  control it by comment and filter by that. We do that sort of thing for our Sanitary Sewer piping. It is difficult mid-project to do this, but we recently had to do this. Difficult, but not impossible.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks Rick your suggested solutions are ppretty much what we are doing at the moment.  Like you say, its tricky but not impossible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report