Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling size of pipe placeholders

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Keith_Wilkinson
778 Views, 4 Replies

Controlling size of pipe placeholders

First off, I'm an architect so please forgive me for this question ;o)

I'm using Revit through BDSP so have access to the MEP tools.  Most of these aren't really required for what we do but the pipe systems have proven to be very handy for rain water pipes.

the problem I've having is the manner in which the Pipes display at the coarse view level.  We need the GA's at 1:200 and would like to indicate the location of the RWP's - by symbol would be more than adequate.  The trouble is that at coarse level the RWP's show as placeholders (even though they are converted to pipes) and get very big at 1:200 (see attached image)

So my question is, is there a way to either control the size of the placeholder and / or replace it with a chosen symbol?

Cheers

K.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

it's okay I've fixed the size...  ;o)

Now, is there a way to change the symbol? (I'll be looking in the meantime...  ;o) ) 

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 3 of 5

Okay, I've found the symbols under Families / Piping Systems.  Interestingly it only changes if the pipe is more than a straight run... I'm sure there is a good reason for that though.

final question - is there a way to define your own symbols?

Maimonides
Message 4 of 5

You've worked your way through admirably 😉  Sorry, no joy... the symbols for rise/drop are hardwired choices (there are some choices, I'm assuming you've seen them?)

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 5 of 5

thanks Steve, I had a feeling that might be the case - Given how Revit lets you define a great many things within the software this does seem to be something of an oversight.  From an architectural perspective a simple circle with a crosshair would be ideal.

Maimonides

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report