Revit MEP

Valued Contributor
mmcglone
Message 1 of 2 (148 Views)

Controlling nested family types

148 Views, 1 Replies
01-22-2013 12:42 PM

If I have a nested family is it possible to control the nested family type from the host family.  For example.  I have a coil section family with a different type for each size of AHU (03, 06, 12 etc.)  If I make a new family for the overall air handler and add in a fan and filters etc. can I change the family type of all the nested familys at the same time.  EG change the type of the host family and all the nested sections change, or do I have to go in and manually change each section?

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 2 (141 Views)

Re: Controlling nested family types

01-22-2013 12:56 PM in reply to: mmcglone

Yes you can, with the use of a "<Family Type...>" Parameter. Attached is a simple example Family created in Revit 2013 format.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.