Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context Menus are 'sticking'...

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ArmandD
737 Views, 6 Replies

Context Menus are 'sticking'...

I have just installed Revit MEP 2012 & 2013 on a Windows 7 Professional 64bit machine.

In both versions, the context menus stick on whatever the last menu was.  To get it to switch to the correct context menu, I have to close the ribbon and re-open the ribbon.

For instance, if I open a project ans select a light fixture I get the correct menu (edit family, create systems, power/switch).  But now if I select some text, the context menu comes back up with the light fixture context menu - instead of the text menu (formant, check spelling, etc...).  To get the correct menu, I close and reopen the ribbon.

I am hoping someone else has had this issue and maybe knows a fix for it.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
abulla
in reply to: ArmandD

We're having this exact problem, but only on certain machines. What's really strange is all the machines are the exact same specs, we ordered about 12 identical ones. A hotfix would be great...

Message 3 of 7
ArmandD
in reply to: abulla

Yes!  Only on certain machines!

I didn't mention that we ordered two identical computers, both 64bit witn Win 7 Pro. Dell Precisions.

I personally installed Revit 2012 & 2013 on each machine.  One machine works fine.  The other has this issue with the context menus.

Message 4 of 7
julianjameson8403

Yes - had this on two machines. One was a desktop and one was a laptop.

The only way to fix it was a re-install.

I found it started off with losing the dialogue box that asks about over-riding parameter values when loading a family. Then the ribbon started playing up and you have to cycle through the ribbon to get the contextual tabs back properly.

The weird thing about it is, it started on 2012 but has also affected 2013. Desktop is fixed but laptop is still a problem as it takes out IT forever to fix stuff and can't be bothered to wait!! Smiley Sad

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
ArmandD
in reply to: julianjameson8403

Julian, did your IT people have to uninstall/reinstall both 2012 & 2013 or just one or the other?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
julianjameson8403

We only repaired the 2012 version as that was the only one being used on the project. I haven't tested 2013.

Don't recall a full uninstall then reinstall - just re-running the install rather than the repair function.

We use remote packages so they just send it out and then we run the package installer (usually rendering our PC unusable for a few hours!!)

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

The official fix is available. The problem is caused by the installation of .Net 4.5

For Revit 2013, there is update release 3 (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21891257&linkID=16831210). I have tried it and the problem was solved.

Reference:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/05/revit-2013-2012-contextual-panels-do-not-display-or...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report