Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraints not Satisfied AFTER Array

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
smbrennan
407 Views, 1 Reply

Constraints not Satisfied AFTER Array

I'm going back to one of the first families I've made and trying to improve on it for more flexibility.

What I have a multi-tiered conduit rack, that allows users to definte how many tiers and the spacing between the tiers. I have the 'base" working just fine and I can flex it, and it performs as expected. However, once I've arrayed my unistrut channel, I can't seem to get the channels to remain the same width. I've tried aligning and dimensioning (with the dimension having the same parameter value as the 'base' for the array.

I'm not as familiar with Arrays/Constraints in family building just yet, so any help would be appreciated!

*Edit: I've uploaded the family file.

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
smbrennan
in reply to: smbrennan

Update:

I've found a video that shed some light for me (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5MyzijIuco). I made the channel itself a nested component. With a little trial and error I was able to figure it out. But, now I am trying to draw symbolic lines to minimize the 3D rendering in section/elevation views. That is having the same problem as earlier. I went to the nested object and added the symbolic lines there, but that didn't work. Would I need to create another generic annotation family to nest that in this family as well?

Thanks.

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report