Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connector with a fitting joint mismatch

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Mehdi.Kardehi
2077 Views, 11 Replies

connector with a fitting joint mismatch

When I try to size the ducts I see this in most of my fittings....

The element (of type Duct Fittings) has a connector with a fitting joint mismatch (at connector #1). The connections are not the same size.

Can someone help plz?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Check your elevations for the taps compared to the main. Sometimes if they are not exactly the same I get mismatches.

Yay I'm talking about Revit and stuff
Message 3 of 12

Thanks buddy...it works when main and branches are rectangular...but when I use rectangular mitered elbows/tees as my main branch and round ducts taps with dampers as my branches I see this error after sizing the duct run...It is where the round takeoff with standoff damper connects to the main duct..photo attached

Message 4 of 12
ThinkSmart
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

I think Branch and Main should be same, I mean if you are using Rectangular mitered elbows/tees as main, You have to use branches also the same. Check once.

Message 5 of 12
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: ThinkSmart

sorry mate...but I don's see any reason having branches the same as mains!!
Message 6 of 12
CoreyDaun

Hello and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Would you be able to post a sample of your Project file? The file may very well be too large to post here (even if just a tiny, purged sample) so if you have difficulties, send me a Private Message and I shall send you my email address, if you wish. That way, I can take a look at your specific situation.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 12
RickGraham

What do the ducts/connectrors look like when viewed as a close-up 3D view? I find that for 90% of my problems, viewing them in 3D, I can see what is happening. The other 10% percent, I get upset, throw my computer in the middle of the freeway and watch tractor trrailers run over it. Just kidding, 🙂 The other 10% remains unknown, and well - life is too short - I align them (without connecting) and move on. Time is money and sometimes sitting there trying to figure out why Revit does what it does, can mean a small chunk of change for the company, and for us - the contractor will not see the 3D view - only 2D. They will build from 2D and use their experience to make the connections. We can't give them *every* fitting. We have to allow them to think for themselves. 😉

YMMV

Rick

Message 8 of 12
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: RickGraham

Thanks guys

Corey- please give me your personal email address....Although I deleted and purged everything it is still 6.4 MB and can't be attached here

Rick- great advice mate..the 3D view looks fine thoughSmiley Wink

Message 9 of 12
CoreyDaun

I have received your Project file via private means.

How are you going about connecting the branch duct into the mains? Are you placing the taps manually? In your Project file, I see the warning you are referring to, except mine reports "...(at connector #2)..."

If I selected the branch duct, grabbed the connector grip towards the main-side, and then dragged it to connect to the duct main, it reconnected seemingly correctly and the auto-size seems to function without further errors.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 10 of 12

Thanks COrey..The thing I sent you with those errors is the output of Revit auto routing using the ducts sizing tool!

A stupid question 

when I select the fitiings I cant see the connectors to drag them and attach them to the main duct...I even tried copyong it but still no connector!

The other wierd thing is when I move the connector both main and branch duct moves which means that they are connected but the error is still there!

Also the air flows add up to the main duct which again means the system is connected!

Pelase leave the duct check system on to see all the errors.

Message 11 of 12
CoreyDaun

OK - now I've been successful in reproducing your issue, but much less successful finding a solution. It seem that the default Duct Fittings for taps behave the same way; it seems if the size of the main or branch Duct is changed as a result of the Auto-Sizing, then this error occurs. I've found no way to prevent this error, but as you stated, it is still connected to the System so it doesn't appear to be a major issue.

What I did was manually reconnect the branch Duct back into the main. I selected the segment of Round Duct (not the Duct Fitting) and dragged the Connector grip over to the edge of the main Duct. The tap was removed and then replaced with the new connection, and the Warning vanished.

Message 12 of 12
Mehdi.Kardehi
in reply to: CoreyDaun

works perfectly for me following your steps....Thanks Corey:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report