Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to plumbing fixtures

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
703 Views, 2 Replies

Connecting to plumbing fixtures

After I copy/monitor the plumbing fixtures from the linked arch model, I am still unable to connect to some fixtures.  Some of them don't show all required connections and some have no connections.  What steps do I take to correct this so I can begin my plumbing system design?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

The architect is likely not using Families that are suitable for your plumbing design, and you may have to make modifications to the Families in the Family Editor such as adding Pipe Connectors. You may want to look into Type Mapping to better coordinate your fixture types with the Architect's.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
abulla
in reply to: Anonymous

You're going to have to edit the architect's plumbing fixture families and add pipe connectors to them. I'm still an advocate of not using copy/monitor for this reason. In addition to having to add connectors to the architect's families, you'll also have to add your own parameters in order for your schedules to populate correctly. I would suggest creating your own plumbing fixture families that consist of connectors only, then you can place those in the architect's locations. You could even try to use type mapping with copy/monitor, but I would recommend against that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report