Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Electrically to Mechanical Equipment

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
67Galaxie
287 Views, 2 Replies

Connecting Electrically to Mechanical Equipment

I have seen this on here before, but I have not figured it out. My company has set up seperate files for Architectural, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Electrical. I understand by doing this I can not circuit directly to the mechanical equipment. The options I have seen are place the same mechanical equipment in my drawing and then connect or place a disconnect to connectt to. I like the disconnect option however I am unable to change the load on the device to match the mechanical load. Is there a way to do this? Ultimately I would like to have the disconnect get the information fromt the mechanical file but I think I am being to hopeful for Revit. Any help is greatly appreciated. ~ Day 6 Revit User
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
edk800f1
in reply to: 67Galaxie

ALL of us (I assume, but someone will be the exception) have separate files for Arch and MEP.
Unless you're working on VERY large projects, and are experiencing problems, you really should keep a single MEP file. Make it a central file and share it among disciplines (everybody has their own local file). This is how Revit is intended to be used.
Create different worksets to help keep M, E, and P somewhat separate.
IF you must continue on current path, you just need to make the correct families, with VA parameter editable.
Ed
MSKTD and Associates
Architecture Engineering Interior Design
Message 3 of 3
67Galaxie
in reply to: 67Galaxie

I just started with this company and they are at 35% so I don't see them changing right now. I was told they attepted the MEP all together but ran into multiple problems with speed, corruption, and lost work. The next project I am going to ask if this can be tried again. The current faciltiy is a little under 100k SQFT (3 floors) and I would have assumed Revit MEP 2009 could have handled this.

In regards to making the the correct families, do you mean creating the mechanical equipment in the electrical file with the correct VA? Sorry if this is a simple question, this is day 6 for me. From what I have heard, this is the only way to do it. Definatley would have not preferred to do this. Thanks. ~Day 6 Revit MEP User

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report