Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused about Products

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
cdavis7254
409 Views, 11 Replies

confused about Products

We are an MEP firm. Our boss is looking in to purchasing Revit.  We have Revit LT, but that has to many limitations.  He asked if he needs to buy us Revit MEP. I'm trying to firure out the difference between Revit and Revit MEP.  Is Revit MEP just Revit with the Architectural and Structural "removed"? Does Revit have all three, and if so why wouldn't we get that?  I hope this is the right forum for this, but reading the procuct reviews on Autodesk and googling didn't enlighten me. 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: cdavis7254

Is Revit MEP just Revit with the Architectural and Structural "removed"?

yes pretty much

Does Revit have all three, and if so why wouldn't we get that?

yes Revit is Revit Architecture, Structure, MEP combined into 1 program

Revit is only sold inside of a suite you can not buy this as a separate product

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
cdavis7254
in reply to: DarrenP

Will we still be able to do some architectural?

Message 4 of 12
DarrenP

In revit mep if its possible it will be fairly limited

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
cdavis7254
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks

Message 6 of 12
SteveKStafford

You should discuss your options with your reseller to make sure you are covering your needs adequately. Make sure you discuss the Suites, Building Design Premium for example will get you all of Revit as one installation more, check out this COMPARISON chart. You may find that pricing for that is not significantly more and you'll get much more for it.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 7 of 12
cdavis7254
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Thanks, unfortunately it was the reseller that pointed him to Revit LT in the first place, so he's trying to make sure he buys what we need instead of what they want us to buy. (That being said, he may have not expressed himself adequately to the reseller the first time, so the seller may have got us what he asked for.) We will discuss the options with him.
Message 8 of 12
DarrenP

LT is the cheapest of the Revit products

if they really wanted you to buy something they would have pushed you over to the more expensive suite product

i am assuming he didn't ask the right questions or didn't quite give enough info to the reseller

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
SteveKStafford

Hmm, if the reseller truly encouraged an MEP firm to buy LT then I've got doubts about their sales staff training. Might want to consult with a different reseller.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 10 of 12
MuirEng

You probably want Building Design Suite Premium by the sounds of it...

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
Dedicated Sub Forum For Electrical
Thanks!
Message 11 of 12
cdavis7254

We've been using Acad LT for years, and we upgraded to Revit LT Suite.  That gave us the updated Acad as well as enough Revit to get us through the project we were working on.  That may have been the problem, my boss possibly only explained the need to be able to review Revit files. Now we need to actually work in Revit for an upcoming project. 

Message 12 of 12
SteveKStafford

Regardless, you'll need more Revit to do actual MEP work now. Back to the reseller you now are (Yoda voice). 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report