Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Pipe / Duct Types, Central File Sharing with Rev Arch

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TimGe
271 Views, 5 Replies

Configuring Pipe / Duct Types, Central File Sharing with Rev Arch

I am working in house with a Revit Architecture 2008 model. I have always been able to build elbows for pipes and ducts while testing models solely in Revit MEP 2008. Now that I am collaborating with Revit Arch 2008, I no longer have the different families necessary for elbows, flex duct, etc. Is there a template setting I should change, or should I place some MEP files in an Arch folder because the project was originally started in Revit Arch? I have attached a picture which more thoroughly explains the problem. Thanks. -Tim Geiser, LEO A DALY, Minneapolis
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mtitlow
in reply to: TimGe

Have you tried opening a file that you have all of your piping and custom settings correct in and try to transfer to project?
Message 3 of 6
KyleB_Autodesk

Straightforward solution here. Your RAC-based project doesn't have the System Family Types you usually use or your Fitting Families. You need to get them in your project.

* You will need to load the fittings into the project. This is a one-time task.

* Either create the System Family Types from scratch, or load them into the project using the Transfer Project Settings feature found in the File menu. An existing RME project should have the ones you want.

To create new System Family Types, you need to duplicate the existing Type. See the attached image.

HTH,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 6
KyleB_Autodesk

Attaching file.

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
TimGe

Thank you for your response. The File-->Transfer Project Settings command worked well. I have since deleted the 'Rectangular Duct Default', 'Round Duct Default', and 'Pipe Default' to eliminate confusion for other users. Earlier, I had thought about creating a system family type, but that seemed like it would take a while. Besides, who does not like to keep it simple?
Message 6 of 6
KyleB_Autodesk

I too abide by the KISS ethos.

Kyle B

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report