Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conduit Bend Radius

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wtaylor
4431 Views, 4 Replies

Conduit Bend Radius

Hi. I am new to Revit and I am trying to figure out how I can change between two minimum bend radius sizes for conduit. For example we have to use sweeping 90s that are 48 inches but I would also like to be able to change the radius to 32 inches in case the other does fit in the space. I created my own standard in the electrical settings but I cant figure out how to set a certain standard to a particular conduit.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: wtaylor

Each Conduit Type has one default elbow/bend Family assigned, as defined under Routing Preferences under Type Properties. So, the most common bend radius Conduit Fitting should be defined as the default. In the instances in which as tighter bend is required, either select it and manually change the bend radius under Properties OR change the Family/Type via the Type Selector (if the smaller bend radius is a separate Family).

If any of this is confusing or otherwise doesn't make sense, don't hesitate to reply with a question or comment!

Also, what exactly did you change under Electrical Settings? You shouldn't have to change anything there.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
wtaylor
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks CADastrophe! I was missing the routing preference setup in the type properties so they were all using the same one.

I went through the electrical settings and created my own sizing standard to change the minimum bend radius to the communications standard instead of the factory. Attached is a screen shot of what I created. Is that not how you change the bend radius?

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: wtaylor

wtaylor wrote:

"I went through the electrical settings and created my own sizing standard to change the minimum bend radius to the communications standard instead of the factory. Attached is a screen shot of what I created. Is that not how you change the bend radius?"

No, you're correct on that. I've just seen some fittings that have a fixed bend radius, rather than adhering to the Project's minimum.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5

Edit elbow family and change the formula for the calculated value of the conduit size.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report