Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circular supply diffuser cannot connect to the duct

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1351 Views, 2 Replies

Circular supply diffuser cannot connect to the duct

Hi, i need help here. i want to connect a diffuser beneath the duct. i tried "connect into" button, but it didnt work. Right clike the "draw duct "still cannot work.  Anyone knows how to connect diffuser beneath the duct? attachment will show the problem.. thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

As can be seen on your screenshot it says there is not enough room to auto-connect.

You will have to use/try different methods to connect diffuser to duct.

-Most of the time auto-connect will work when you create more space between the two objects (temporarily move duct and/or move diffuser) away from eachother. Then you can retry auto-connect and reposition objects.

-Other way can be to draw manually the connection, create a tap/tee in the duct and than draw flexible hose to the tap/tee.

-Use modified taps/tees families.

Further you should think about, if space is this limited will you be able to construct the connection in real life?

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

hi, I had tried draw manually the connection, but it still couldn't work. however, when I put a square diffuser, it worked...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report