Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

circular filled regions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
russellvee
1885 Views, 3 Replies

circular filled regions

Does anyone have a workaround for round filled regions in annotation families? Apparently Revit uses thousands of tiny little triangles to generate the vector graphics, but the built-in "elevation target" arrowhead prints out crisp and round. It gets slightly better when I change the PDF output setting to 1200 DPI, but not enough to justify the increased file size. If only there was a way to use that arrowhead as an exit sign symbol...

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: russellvee

I've refrained from using Filled Regions when possible. Another reason for this is that Filled Regions do not obey the "Black Lines" setting when printing, so if an element with a Filled Region is affect by any override (such as System Graphics Overrides), it can cause issues. The only work-around I've used is to manually create a dense hatch pattern using normal lines.

NonSolidHatch.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4

what if you print using raster processing instead of vector?  if that solves the problem, it would be the third time I have seen a plotting issue that was solved by using raster processing.

personally, even though we usually print using vector processing, I haven't noticed this issue myself, and we do have a few symbols (duct and pipe risers, foremost) that use solid fills, not lines.

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png
Message 4 of 4

Raster printing gets rid of the little triangles but it makes everything else look terrible and bloats the file size, so its not really a viable solution. I tried CADastrophe's solution of using linear arrays instead of filled regions. It's not perfect by any means, but it's probably as good as it's gonna get.

RASTER.JPGCapture.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report