Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuiting Mechanical Equipment

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JaLac
1529 Views, 3 Replies

Circuiting Mechanical Equipment

I am an electrical engineer working for an MEP firm and we are beginning to circuit everything everything in Revit rather than making panel schedules in Excel. We have it figured out for the most part, the problem we are running into is circuiting mechanical equipment. The idea that we came up with is to place a junction box that we could change the voltage and load on wherever the mechanical equipment is. This seems to work but what we would like to do is create some type of "no plot" filter for these junction boxes so that when it is time to plot the drawings these junction boxes do not show and cause confusion. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this or better suggestions on how to circuit the mechanical equipment? Thanks in advance for the help!

P.S. We are using Revit 2014. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
abulla
in reply to: JaLac

We've found a solution similar to your idea, except we use an electrical connection symbol with no visible 3d geometry, then we circuit that rather than trying to circuit the mechanical equipment directly. It calls for one more level of coordination, but at least our circuits won't break when the mechanical guys inevitably change their equipment selections.

elec_connection.png

Message 3 of 4
JaLac
in reply to: abulla

That looks like a great idea. Where did you find the electrical connection? I'm assuming when you place it you're able to change the load in the properties?

Message 4 of 4
abulla
in reply to: JaLac

I made it Smiley Happy. All I did was take the out of the box Junction Box and make the geometry not visible, changed the symbol from the J-box to the equipment connection, then made the load an instance parameter.

Eq_conn.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report