Revit MEP

Active Contributor
DMaurer-Veca
Message 1 of 4 (451 Views)
Accepted Solution

Circuit wiring shows in plan but not in detail views

451 Views, 3 Replies
10-03-2012 03:04 PM

I have check all of the filters, templates etc. and all indicate 'Wires' to show. They show in the floor plan and the floor plan sheet view but not in the detail sections view. Is there something else that controls the visibility of 'Wires'? Samples attached.

Diane M

Unfortunately wires are listed in te model category but behave like annotation elements. Therefore you would have to either copy the wires from the plan view to the detail view or create a dependent view of the main floor plan.

Both ways have their pros and cons. I have to ask though - if you are doing a detail view, do you have to replicate the wires in both the master plan and the detail view? Surely the point of a detail view is to zoom in to a specific areas and add the detail there rather than duplicating?

Valued Mentor
julianjameson8403
Message 2 of 4 (441 Views)

Re: Circuit wiring shows in plan but not in detail views

10-04-2012 03:26 AM in reply to: DMaurer-Veca

Unfortunately wires are listed in te model category but behave like annotation elements. Therefore you would have to either copy the wires from the plan view to the detail view or create a dependent view of the main floor plan.

Both ways have their pros and cons. I have to ask though - if you are doing a detail view, do you have to replicate the wires in both the master plan and the detail view? Surely the point of a detail view is to zoom in to a specific areas and add the detail there rather than duplicating?

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Active Contributor
DMaurer-Veca
Message 3 of 4 (429 Views)

10-04-2012 11:45 AM in reply to: DMaurer-Veca

I will move the circuitry to the details view. It is confusing that some items show in both views, requiring the use of filters, and some do not. Oh well, live-n--learn. Thanks for your reply.

Diane M
Valued Mentor
julianjameson8403
Message 4 of 4 (422 Views)

10-05-2012 02:12 AM in reply to: DMaurer-Veca

IF you work on the basic rule of model elements appear in multiple views and annotation are view specific then you'll be happy 90% of the time.

There are a few quirks - like wires - but the more you use the program, the more you get to know about these quirks.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.