Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuit wiring shows in plan but not in detail views

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DMaurer-Veca
2105 Views, 3 Replies

Circuit wiring shows in plan but not in detail views

I have check all of the filters, templates etc. and all indicate 'Wires' to show. They show in the floor plan and the floor plan sheet view but not in the detail sections view. Is there something else that controls the visibility of 'Wires'? Samples attached.

Diane M
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Unfortunately wires are listed in te model category but behave like annotation elements. Therefore you would have to either copy the wires from the plan view to the detail view or create a dependent view of the main floor plan.

Both ways have their pros and cons. I have to ask though - if you are doing a detail view, do you have to replicate the wires in both the master plan and the detail view? Surely the point of a detail view is to zoom in to a specific areas and add the detail there rather than duplicating?

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
DMaurer-Veca
in reply to: DMaurer-Veca

I will move the circuitry to the details view. It is confusing that some items show in both views, requiring the use of filters, and some do not. Oh well, live-n--learn. Thanks for your reply.

Diane M
Message 4 of 4

IF you work on the basic rule of model elements appear in multiple views and annotation are view specific then you'll be happy 90% of the time.

There are a few quirks - like wires - but the more you use the program, the more you get to know about these quirks.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report