Revit MEP

Active Contributor
jimk
Message 1 of 2 (200 Views)
Accepted Solution

Circuit between devices on multiple floors

200 Views, 1 Replies
04-03-2012 09:16 AM

What is the best way to circuit between floors. We have some situations where lights or devices will span floors and still be on same circuit. Since the circuiting doesn't happen within the same view, I was unsure how to get them connected or span those floors.

Thanks

Jim

Anytime I have to do that, I open the Views for both floors. Then, in the View that has already been circuited, select an element of the desired circuit and go to Electrical Circuits contextual tab » Edit Circuits. Hit CTRL+TAB to navigate to the other floor and select the fixtures to add to that circuit. This method has proven simple enough for us.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 2 (194 Views)

Re: Circuit between devices on multiple floors

04-03-2012 09:44 AM in reply to: jimk

Anytime I have to do that, I open the Views for both floors. Then, in the View that has already been circuited, select an element of the desired circuit and go to Electrical Circuits contextual tab » Edit Circuits. Hit CTRL+TAB to navigate to the other floor and select the fixtures to add to that circuit. This method has proven simple enough for us.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.