Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuit between devices on multiple floors

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jimk
1603 Views, 7 Replies

Circuit between devices on multiple floors

What is the best way to circuit between floors. We have some situations where lights or devices will span floors and still be on same circuit. Since the circuiting doesn't happen within the same view, I was unsure how to get them connected or span those floors.

Thanks

Jim

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jimk

Anytime I have to do that, I open the Views for both floors. Then, in the View that has already been circuited, select an element of the desired circuit and go to Electrical Circuits contextual tab » Edit Circuits. Hit CTRL+TAB to navigate to the other floor and select the fixtures to add to that circuit. This method has proven simple enough for us.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
albert33L2M
in reply to: CoreyDaun

In our project we got 4 panels per floor.  The method you mentioned could take a while if we were circuiting items one by one. Is there a method where we can replicate all the items on each floor while have the panel schedule reflect the circuiting?

Message 4 of 8
fabiosato
in reply to: albert33L2M

Hello,

You will have to add the electric circuits in the set of elements to be copied.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
albert33L2M
in reply to: fabiosato

Currently the 2nd floor has all the circuiting complete. Lets say my building is going to have 10 similar floors (hotel), I would like to know how to "replicate" the panel on the 2nd floor and apply it to all the other floors.

fyi, I got 4 panels for the 2nd floor name 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D
Message 6 of 8
PatsIt

Depending on how similar the floors are, you may have luck performing all the circuiting on one floor then copying all the elements (panelboards, receptacles, lights, et cetera) to the next floor. When I'm working on a core and shell project, while I usually have a typical floor sheet, I will do all the element layouts on a single floor then just copy them up/down a level. 

Another way is to create throw-away elevations if the repetitive area is small enough.

• Be sure to include what Revit version you’re using.
• Please remember to add a "Like" to posts you've found helpful or useful
• "Mark As Solution" any posts that help resolve your issues to help others find answers to their questions!

Message 7 of 8
albert33L2M
in reply to: PatsIt

I have tried that , but the problem we're having is I want the panel to reflect on this.

Yes, copy and pasting will represent what I want visually, but the panel system itself (ie. circuiting panel) will not be copied over using this method. The goal is to replicate the circuiting on 2nd floor, without actually circuiting the typical floors and have it appear the the respective electrical panels.

To give you a clear idea of what we're aiming for is this:

2nd floor panels Panel: 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D

3rd floor panels Panel: 3A, 3B, 3C, 3D...

4th floor panels Panel: 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D...

5th floor panels Panel: 5A, 5B, 5C, 5D...with all circuiting the same as 2nd floor

so on and so forth

Message 8 of 8
PatsIt

Ah okay. I haven't tried doing that before, and I don't know if that is possible in Revit to just "increment" already created systems...

• Be sure to include what Revit version you’re using.
• Please remember to add a "Like" to posts you've found helpful or useful
• "Mark As Solution" any posts that help resolve your issues to help others find answers to their questions!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report