Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chiller Plant - getting the piping system to work

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jbecker-vector
3504 Views, 2 Replies

Chiller Plant - getting the piping system to work

I have watched the videos of Inside the System Go with the Flo and I can get a simple layout to work. What I am struggling with is getting a "real world" chiller plant to work.

There are 3 chillers (all the same), 3 cooling towers (all the same), a drain down pit, and 3 pumps (all the same).

I am trying to figure out what combination of connector properties will work.

Additionally, how do you assign the pieces of equipment to the system. Which should be the children and what do you do about the fact that you can only have a single piece of equipment.

See the attached picture of the layout.

Anybody have any success creating a multi tower/chiller/pump system?

Thanks,
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi...
jbecker-vector your question, your problem:
I have watched the videos of Inside the System Go with the Flo and I can get a simple layout to work. What I am struggling with is getting a "real world" chiller plant to work.
There are 3 chillers (all the same), 3 cooling towers (all the same), a drain down pit, and 3 pumps (all the same).
am trying to figure out what combination of connector properties will work.
Additionally, how do you assign the pieces of equipment to the system. Which should be the children and what do you do about the fact that you can only have a single piece of equipment.
See the attached picture of the layout.
Anybody have any success creating a multi tower/chiller/pump system?
Thanks,

My solution this for case:

Water icy:
Configuration for this system consist in pipeline for water icy, pumps water icy, all fittings.

Water condenser:
Configuration for this system consist in pipeline for water condenser, pumps water condenser, all fittings

All Consist in two systems separate: pipeline for water icy, pumps water icy, all fittings, fancoils. -- pipeline for water condenser, pumps water condenser, Towers, all fittings

all systems are closed systems

it is necessary to send complete project in AutoCAD generico.
I await your request.

lcchvacr... design and projects Mep systems.
Message 3 of 3
Ghassan76
in reply to: lcchvacrmep

I have the same proplem but my chillers plant consists of 6 air cooled chillers and 4 pumps. I can inspect the system up to pumps and the total flow is correct but the flow thru pumps is zero and also thru the pump header and all pump fittings all the flow is zero. In addition to that, the flow thru chillers is zero also, only the flow thru the main pipe of fan coil units is correct.

Please any help in this matter

ghassan76ha@yahoo.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report