Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the default tag quickly

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
WarwickBeynon6624
2063 Views, 2 Replies

Changing the default tag quickly

Hi
First time forum user.

I prepare mechanical services shop drawings and annotating the duct pieces seems a long and slow process, a single piece of duct straight for example requires a tag for the length and a tag for the size, since these are of the same category you have to change the default tag each time which is a lot of clicking. Is there a trick to changing the default tag like spacebar or tab that toggles the default tag?

Alternatively can you get some sort of control over the tag placement if you use the tag all function so that I don't have to go around the whole drawing fixing the tag locations?

Cheers Warwick
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Is combining the information into the same tag acceptable? If you are tagging duct with two tags I'd go through and do one and then do the other so I don't have to switch back and forth. It's not like the duct will forget what size it is if I come back later, like might happen if I was manual entering a size myself.

Tag All - The location of tag can be adjusted but it will not be correct 100%. It's a trade off, fast placement with some fine tuning or slower placement with less fine tuning of the position. You can use different tags for different position requirements. Keep in mind that once a duct is tagged the Tag All function doesn't think that duct needs a tag and it stops working, on those that have tags. The command used to be called Tag all not Tagged, that subtlety is important since it doesn't just tag everything over and over again.

If you have access to a programmer it would be possible to create a routine that tags ducts the way you like but that will take effort and money.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

Actually you can modify ( edit family ) tag for the duct size and put the length label then you will have both size and length in one tag.

See attachment.

Arief Rahman

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report