Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing schedule row heights

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sean.rafferty79
6358 Views, 3 Replies

Changing schedule row heights

The height option is always greyed out in the dialouge box and says 'variable'. I just don't want long horizontal cells and would like to be able to adjust the row height. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: sean.rafferty79

Remember me? It seems we ran into all the same issues with this scheduling, making the mistake of trying to replicate company standards and/or aesthetic continuity. I had to address this problem with our light fixture schedule, not only to make it look pretty, but I had an underlay drafting view of our symbol behind the schedule, making uniform spacing important.

The solution I came up with must be done from the family, not directly with the schedule. I chose one of the scheduled parameters (the most consistent one) to be the "regulator". I decided that I wanted three lines of space for each row. Now, Revit does let you press enter to insert a line-break, however, you can copy/paste from anywhere else. I opened up an e-mail and typed "A" pressed enter "A", highlighted the line-break between the A's and pasted it onto the end of the parameter value, hence forcing the needed extra lines. This does not work when you paste it directly into the schedule - you must change it in the family and reload it, overwriting the family and its parameter values.

A royal pain in the....  but it worked.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: sean.rafferty79

I forgot that I was going to reply again awhile ago - the posted adds lines for the schedule AFTER it is inserted onto a sheet view. If you wanted to change the row height within the schedule's actual view, that is simply impossible.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
nekijdima
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hey, I have the same issue. And I'm quite young in revit. Could you please tell how can I find the row family file to edit? 

Mega thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report