Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing levels

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
WheelerCJ
454 Views, 1 Reply

Changing levels

Hello,

I went to set up a new floor plan and proceeded to select the level for the view and noticed a rouge level in there (Working - Block 5). I've noticed this has been renamed to the wrong name in several floor plans already set up.

How can I rename this level back to what it needs to be without messing loads of stuff up?

Thanks

levels.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WheelerCJ

You should be able to rename the Level in a Section or Elevation View without messing anything.

Level names can easily be messed up when one renames a View that is named the same as the associated Level (or vice-versa). When you rename the View, a prompt asks if you wish to rename corresponding Levels, and if you hit "yes" it renames the Level to match the View. This is an easy situation to get into since a newly created Plan View automatically inherits the associated Level's name. So, when you fix the Level name you may be prompted to renamed corresponding View, and if so, choose "no".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report