Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Families' Phase During Placement

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bhollon23
2235 Views, 2 Replies

Changing Families' Phase During Placement

I'm certainly hoping there is an easy way to do this...

We have a floor plan set up in a demolition phase, everything looks wonderful.

Oops, we initially missed a receptacle that needs to be demolished, we try dropping it in to the demo floor plan and it automatically puts the receptacle on a "New Construction" phase, which is unviewable in the demo floor plan. So now we have to go to a "New Construction" phase floor plan, select said receptacle, and change its phase manually.

Quite frustrating. Is there a way to specify phase before plopping the receptacle down, and not just a receptacle, any family...

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jrobker
in reply to: bhollon23

Demo is not a phase. This is something I've been trying to educate the Architects on. Demolition is something that happens in an existing to new construction phase, It's an action within a phase. This is why we have the parameter phase demolished. When Architects create a demo phase and I have to phase map it is a pain in the A$$ to configure my views.

The phase of the family will be the current views phase that you place the family in. 

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bhollon23

Our method to this is to create three views: New Construction, Demolition, and Existing. All existing devices/equipment are drawn in the Existing View, which is set to Existing Phase and Show Complete. Here, placing new elements automatically puts them on the Existing Phase with no Phase Demolished. Then, you go to the Demolition Phase and mark the desired elements as demolished.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report