Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing ducts to demo ruins the graphics at fittings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dtiemeyer
697 Views, 3 Replies

changing ducts to demo ruins the graphics at fittings

When I change a network of ducts to be 'Demo' in the current phase, the software prompts me to 'Disconnect' but when I do strange masking appears at all the fitting junctions. What is causing this? How do I get rid of it?

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dtiemeyer

It looks like a combination of the MEP Hidden Lines and perhaps your graphics hardware. When I recreate this (Revit 2014), the Duct Fittings will mask the Duct due to the MEP Hidden Lines (I greatly increased the gap to emphasize the graphics) since they elements are no longer associated with each other*. It looks like that your Ducts and Duct Fittings are masking each other. Try toggling your Hardware Acceleration and see if that *helps* the issue (I know it won't *solve* it).

DemoDuct.JPG

*The issue regarding demolished MEP elements losing their System connection/association has been a long-standing issue in Revit. I have seen many pleas to have Revit preserve the System info in demolished elements.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
jkarben
in reply to: CoreyDaun

@Anonymous wrote:

....since they elements are no longer associated with each other*. It looks like that your Ducts and Duct Fittings are masking each other.... 

*The issue regarding demolished MEP elements losing their System connection/association has been a long-standing issue in Revit. I have seen many pleas to have Revit preserve the System info in demolished elements.

That's correct...the disconnected system is the cause of the masking. Fittings not connected display the hidden line gap settings (Mechanical Settings). You could change your view's Discipline to Coordination which does not display the gap or use detail lines to clean it up.

We've learned to live with the results. We've also kicked around a processes using Demo worksets w/ filter visibility overrides to maintain system connectivity and classification. Sucks using worksets for visibility but it's the least of the evils until the plea is addressed.

Message 4 of 4
dtiemeyer
in reply to: jkarben

Thanks guys. This seems to be a fairly severe flaw in Revit. It seems to be worse for round duct than rectangular. Not sure if this will help any, but I'm going to post it to the 'wish list'. Cheers.
My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report