Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a Family's insertion point / origin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4943 Views, 3 Replies

Changing a Family's insertion point / origin

I wanted to change the insetion pont of the Single duct vav box which is one of the out of the box families. I thought it would be as easy as opening the family, selecting an existing reference plane (center of the inlet) and under element props, check the "defines origin" box. I haven't been successful. I'd like to change the insertion point of the vav box so my ducts connected to the box are not at odd offsets/elevations (10' 6-3/4"). How would I go about changing the origin of this family?

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jade.l
in reply to: Anonymous

The way should work. Maybe you didn't choose two reference plane but only one?
The original insertion point is defined by Center (front/back) and Center (left/right), both planes are set "defines orgin".

jade.l

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I think I know what you are talking about. The middle of the vav box connector is not the same elevation as the middle of the ducts. To center it make sure that the model of the vav box is drawn half above and half below the reference plane. For example if the vav box is 2' 0" high then change the depth of it to the starting point of -1' 0" and the end point of 1' 0".
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the response Derek. I believe you hit the nail on the head. I've got so much to learn...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report